I find it important to stay current with pediatric news and trends from the AAP so I can best answer questions and educate others.
Dr. Nadia Abu-Nijmeh was born and raised in Jerusalem/Palestine, moved to the US in 1989 after getting married, and currently resides in Aurora, IL. Dr. Nadia has been practicing in the Aurora areas since 1994. She has raised 3 wonderful children, twin boys and teenage daughter. When not working, she enjoys traveling around the world with her family and is a great cook & entertainer. She loves reading and has a passion for writing.
Co-founded Associated Pediatrics of Fox Valley: 2001
- Undergraduate & Medical Education: Jordan University Faculty of Medicine, Amman Jordan; graduated with Doctor of Medicine 1986
- Residency: Jordan University Hospital, 1986-1988
- U.S. Residency: Cook County Children’s Hospital, Chicago, IL 1990-1993,
- Positions Held: Chairman of Pediatrics at Rush-Copley Hospital from 2004-2008, NAAMA Illinois Chapter President, NAAMA Foundation Vice chair
- Professional Societies/Memberships: American Academy of Pediatrics, Illinois State Medical Society, American Medical Association, Kane County Medical Society, National Arab American Medical Association(NAAMA)
- Positions Held: Illinois Chapter President, NAAMA; Foundation Vice Chair, NAAMA
- Board Certification: Pediatrics 1993
- Clinical Interest: Asthma, Attention Deficit Disorder, Preventative Medicine, and Children with Special Needs.